Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day


           We have had a good week, someone asked me what we do for fun, and I said "oh you know, put the kids to sleep, clean, then maybe watch a little HGTV". Lame I know but I enjoy it.  Truth is small children wear you out.  So it has been "Father's Day Weekend" at our house. We had Chris Lamont over last night with his family, so we cooked our big meal last night.  Chris is very nice to our kids, Garrett loves him and prays for him daily. We had small treats for Ashton that I have been pulling out all weekend.  I love him, one thing I noticed as I was trying to give him a break today and take care of the kids and all, is that I can't, I need him badly and everything goes smoother with him! We are excited for our holiday coming up and getting to spend more time with him.
           Today we made a little video for Grandpa Pederson.  As we we were driving home from church I was thinking about Dad. I remember being young in our old house.  I would be all dressed for church and I would go downstairs in the old laundry room Dexter almost burned down.  Dad would shine his shoes down there and I would watch sometimes.  He would also take my white shoes and find the vim and clean all the scuff marks off of them.  My first thought was "poor Dad, if only he could have had more sons so they could really shine their shoes together…" then I thought "wow what a great Dad to try and include me and make me feel special even if my shoes  could not be shined the traditional way."
           Dad there are a lot of things that make you great this is only one of them. Thanks, and I love you!

No comments: