Monday, January 24, 2011

Frii Wii

Well Randy and I think this family-blogging idea is grand! We have never blogged, so we are still trying to get the hang of it.

Let me start off by saying that Randy and I sure do have great adventures out here on Vancouver Island! Let me catch the family up as I recount some of our most recent adventures:



1)Where else can you go mountain biking in January? Our local friends, Kyle and Erin, have shared there love of biking with us, some times to my dismay. On this trip we biked up Mount Tzouhalem. It is the first mountain I've ever climbed with a bike! It may only 315m above sea level, but when you actually start at sea level, it sure does feel like a mountain! Unfortunately, I learned first hand what an endo is. I do not care to repeat the experience.











2)Who says Vancouver Island doesn't get snow! We had a Snow Day!! I took the mourning off work because there was too much snow to drive. So what else do you do with a snow day and no work? You cross-country ski down your street! We joined up with a little trail behind our house. Along the way we found the kids tobogganing with their new found freedom. Randy had to join the sledders, despite his flimsy skis. Although I was impressed how long he stayed up, he still got a face full of snow.




3) Duncan was not the only place to get snow. The only ski resort on the island, Mount Washington, has had record snowfall this season. There mid-mountain snow base is supposedly the deepest in the world right now at 500cm. Obviously we had to go check it out. Turns out the reports are true. And there is lots and lots of powder. I really enjoyed all the snow on the trees.









4) Now to explain the title of my post. Randy's brother gave us a really nice TV as our combined wedding and Christmas gift a couple weeks ago. With this new addition to the family, Randy and I have been itching to get a Wii. Trying to be frivolous, Randy has been scouring used websites for the perfect deal. One Sunday evening while Randy and I were driving over to another members house to help them with a project for the young women, Randy got a phone call about a Wii for sale in Nanaimo. We thought it was the perfect bargain. We expressed our excitement with the family we were visiting and it turns out they were looking to find a loving home for their spare Wii. They had two because the first one they bought would randomly turn off. After unsuccessfully trying to return it they had just bought a new one. So now Randy and I have a semi-functioning Wii... for Frii!!! Now that's a bargain!

3 comments:

Ashton&Alison said...

Awesome, that looks like so much fun. Miss you

K Pederson said...

The skiing and snow look amazing and so much fun. You two are a great pair.

Rebecca said...

I'm jealous that you got all that snow and ours melted over night.